Updated: Jan 9, 2019
This recipe will make you never go back to regular pancakes, its overnight fermented, and the result is fluflly and delicious! An absolute sourdough MUST.
Have you hear about spelt? its a heirloom grain, with so many benefits! which I could go on here forever, but I will have to leave for another post.
The following recipe, requires almost no work, just remembering to do it the night before you want to make them for breakfast - here is how it goes!
Yields: 15-20 medium pancakes
1) 1 cup of active sourdough starter
2) 1 cup of whole spelt flour
3) 1 cup of whole wheat flour
4) 2 eggs
5) pinch of salt
6) 1 teaspoon of baking soda
7) 2 cups of milk (any choice)
1) Have your sourdough starter active the night before you decide to make the pancakes.
2) Feed 1 cup of starter + 1 cup spelt flour + 1 cup of whole wheat flour + 2 cups of milk. Mix until incorporated.
3) Leave overnight in a warm place (70-75°F), the following morning it should look bubbly and active.
4) The next morning beat together 2 eggs, a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon of baking soda, add to the overnight dough.
5) Pour the batter on to a preheated and greased pan or griddle and start making your pancakes.
I hope you enjoy them!
And remember to login to leave messages below and to share how they turned out!